Monday 29 September 2014

Mmmhm God Loves Me

     Guys, if you didn't know, God is so good and loves me (and you) like you wouldn't believe...and I will prove it to you. haha I can't really promise that you will see this like I do, but I'd like you share something that encourages me. I woke up this morning feeling like I was riding a struggle whale, or a struggle bus (if that makes more sense), i.e. just struggling. I know people say that a lot, but you know some mornings you just need to pour your heart out and let go of the things you worry about, because you've had enough. When this happens (preferably before it gets this far), I usually end up praying out loud for a while. I pray out loud because I am a verbal thinker and sometimes to really figure out what I'm thinking I have to say it aloud. If you've been around me for a hot minute you probably have already figured this out haha. Girl can talk ;)
     Anyways after talking to God, I wanted to journal, to further sort out my thoughts. I don't journal very often, but I never regret it. As I was flipping through the pages to the end, I saw my final entry and it reminded me of so many important things that I forget almost every single day. If you have never really read the Bible this my be completely new to you; or if you have never really though about or understood the reason people always say "you need to be saved from sin." This my give you something to think about. Sometimes I come to a place where I am reading the Bible and I think, "Who cares?" or "Why does this matter to me right now?" The Bible is supposed to help us understand, but sometimes the language is hard to relate to and I am just not getting it.  To help me understand better, I will occasionally find a passage and rewrite it in my own words and then read it aloud. This has been really helpful for me....so this is my very long winded explanation of what you are about to read. 

from April 9th, 2014 - Romans 6:12-14 in the words of Haley Christine Bledsoe:

"Don't let sin control you and dictate what you do.
Don't give in to it's persuasive enticings.
Don't let any part of you be used to do evil, to serve sin.
Give God everything you are, everything you care about, and every part of you body;
because NOW you are strong enough to say "NO" to sin.
You were nothing, but NOW you have a chance to live without a past.
So NOW everything that you do can be used to raise people up from where they are stuck, in nothingness, to a place where they can live, and breathe, and learn to trust again.
This will show some of God's greatness to everything.
You don't have to do anything that sin tells urges, asks, convinces, threatens, demands, or pressures you to do.
This is because the law isn't yelling at you any more or pointing out that "this is sin" or "you are doing it wrong;" convincing you of your failure on all levels. 
NOW God's grace is running with you, blocking out the taunts and jeers of the law;
giving you the courage and strength to see only the finish line through the booing crowds."


I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday, or Wednesday night, as it may be. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I love you and I am so thankful that God is good and we don't always have to understand everything right of the bat, but we can struggle together. May God bless you heaps!



                Love,

                               Haley







1 comment:

  1. Haley first off I want to say that I miss you. I can tell that you are having a great time finding out more about yourself and your faith which is so inspiring. This put a lot of things into perspective for me. I am thankful for that. And I am thankful I met you. I hope to see you again very soon.

    Vassil

    ReplyDelete